Valentine’s Day is fast approaching and for many, love is in the air.
But what about the rest of us women who are single? Where do we fit into the picture? Where is our happy ending on Valentine’s Day?
We’ve all been there – wondering when our soulmate will show up, beating ourselves up mentally for the ones we’ve fallen for and didn’t end up too great, pining for the one that got away, or just wishing we did not have to be alone. Take heart and know that your worth is not defined by your relationship status – that your life matters.
Here are some tips to love yourself as a single woman.
- Remember that you are special – your personality, gifts, traits, are unique – share who you are with the people that you do have in your life – family, friends, coworkers, support groups, social groups, neighbors – anyone in your life that you enjoy spending time with.
- Your worth is not in whether you are single or not – it is in who you are as a person and you are a WHOLE person no matter your relationship status. You have the freedom to do the things you love, activities or causes to take part in, without time constraints that being in a relationship brings. Use your singleness as an opportunity to pursue your own goals for your life, whether personally or professionally.
- Push yourself to try new things. Expand your interests, try a new hobby, take a class, learn a new language, or take a vacation with your girlfriends.
- Be thankful for what you do have instead of focusing on what you do not have.
- Focus on improving yourself in the areas of the life you need to work on, whether it is mending relationships with others, overcoming a bad habit or addiction, setting a new health goal, or tackling a new year’s resolution.
Embrace yourself as a single woman and accept this season of life that you are in. It’s time to break out and dance with your girlfriends to “All the Single Ladies” by Beyonce!